Cayman Leasing Limited (CLL) is committed to protecting your privacy. Where applicable, CLL complies with the Data Protection Law, 2017 (the “DPL”). This policy details how CLL collects personal data, how it uses and shares it, and the rights and choices you have in relation to the personal data held and processed by CLL.
What we collect
CLL may collect personal information from you in the course of providing its services. The types of personal information that we may collect and process include:
• Basic information and documents including: name, address, email address, phone number, age, driver’s license, citizenship, marital status, number of dependents, housing arrangement and status, employment details, references and driving history;
• Information required to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
• Financial information (i.e. credit data/reports); and
• Any other information you may provide to us.
How we collect
Personal data may be collected at different times throughout the relationship and from different sources. These sources include but are not limited to:
• Forms completed by you (i.e. application, insurance, test-drive, etc.)
• Contractual agreements;
• Discussions via email, telephone, in-person and facsimile;
• Publicly available sources;
• References; and
What we do with the data we collect
We use your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular, for the following reasons:
• To provide and improve our services;
• To manage and administer our relationship with you;
• To fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations;
• To improve our website; and
• Other legitimate business purposes.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties, except as necessary for our legitimate professional and business needs, to carry out your requests and/or as required or permitted by law or professional standards. This includes but is not limited to:
• Regulatory/supervisory bodies, law enforcement agencies, courts or tribunals when required to comply with applicable laws or government regulations;
• Other service providers utilized in the course of the services we provide to clients and with their prior written consent; and
• Service providers, advisors or other third parties if we merge, sell, liquidate or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
CLL will not sell or distribute your personal information to unaffiliated third parties unless we are required to do so by law or have been given your prior permission. Where it is necessary for personal information to be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies, we will use reasonable endeavors to notify you before we do this, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
How long do we keep your data
CLL will keep your personal information for as long as required to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected, to satisfy any reporting or accounting obligations, and for as long as required by data protection laws and any other applicable laws or regulatory requirements.
Access to your personal data
If you have provided personal information to CLL, you have the following rights to obtain the following:
• Confirmation that CLL is processing your personal data;
• A copy of your personal data; and
• Other supplementary information (if applicable).
In addition, you are entitled to the following:
• The purpose of processing your personal information;
• The categories of personal data concerned;
• The recipients or classes of recipient that CLL will disclose, or may disclose, your personal data to;
• Any countries or territories outside the Cayman Islands to which CLL intends to transfer your personal data to;
• The general measures CLL takes to ensure the security of your personal data;
• Any information available as to the source of the personal data; and
• The right to make a complaint to the Ombudsman.
Please let CLL know as soon as possible if any of the personal information provided has changed. Failure to provide accurate information or to update information when it changes may impact our ability to provide our services to you. CLL cannot be held responsible for any loss that may arise due to us having any inaccurate, incomplete, inauthentic or otherwise deficient personal data that you or a third party have provided to us.
CLL is committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. CLL has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
All employees and third parties engaged to process your information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 345-945-2211 or at [email protected]